Sunday 14 August 2022

What i remember most...

 It Seems

The first thing I forget about someone

Is the sound of their voice.


I've always had a terrible memory. Call it a symptom of a life time of trauma, i guess. 


I may not remember her voice, but I remember the tears streaming down her face that day. 


I remember, a week or so later, how she walked away. 


I remember feeling so lost, and confused, and alone. 


And i remember feeling so broken, and used.


My memory often fails me. But the things I do remember, oh how I wish I could forget. The curve of her hips. The softness of her kiss.


I don't know what hurts more. Remembering the love. Or recalling the hurt. 


And when I find myself drowning in those memories, I remind myself. She walked away, when I needed her most. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've had a really difficult couple of years.... My brain broke, and my world fell apart. I was lucky enough to spend a few months overs...