Friday 13 May 2022

Whispers of Doubt

 I'm a whirlwind of emotions tonight and as usual, it's easier to spit out a poem than it is to talk about how I'm feeling. 



I’m still battling with these 

Whispers of doubt

The part of me

That doesn’t believe

I can manage without

Without 

Someone holding my hand

Without 

Someone to lean on

Without support from other people

I feel lost and alone

But what does it mean, to be 

Independent and free?

Is it about choosing

A life that makes me happy?

Maybe that life

Involves support 

From people I love

With

Someone holding my hand

With

Someone to lean on

But giving me space

To make my own choice

To decide for myself

Which way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've had a really difficult couple of years.... My brain broke, and my world fell apart. I was lucky enough to spend a few months overs...