Saturday 5 March 2022

Chapter 4 - Rudraprayag & Rudranath Temple

 Rudraprayag appears to be a lot quieter than Srinigar. 




After browsing one of mums favourite shops, selling wool, We had lunch at the Monal resort, which was very tasty indeed!




We then paid a visit to the Rudranath Temple. This was my first temple visit. I followed the steps all the way down to where the two rivers meet (the Alaknanda and the Mandakini rivers). Taking my shoes and socks off, I dipped my toes in. The water was cold, but not uncomfortable. Sitting down on some nearby rocks, and it was the first time in a really long time I let myself just be










Just... be. Without getting overwhelmed by what should have or could have, without getting wrapped up in a bunch of negative emotions, without spiralling. Just... breathing. Watching the waters from the two rivers flow into one another. Watching the goats on the other bank climb down  to drink from the waters. Feeling the sun on my skin, and the gentle breeze through my hair. Just... be.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've had a really difficult couple of years.... My brain broke, and my world fell apart. I was lucky enough to spend a few months overs...